DAF Learning Collaboratorium

Welcome to the

Home Community Forum Events About Our Community Contact Us!

AETC Presence at I/ITSEC 2023 (27 Nov - 1 Dec)

The Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) is the world's largest modeling, simulation and training event. Held near the beginning of December in Orlando, Florida, USA, I/ITSEC consists of peer-reviewed paper presentations, tutorials, special events, professional workshops, a commercial exhibit hall, a serious games competition, and STEM events for teachers and secondary students. I/ITSEC is organized and sponsored by the National Training & Simulation Association (NTSA), which promotes international and interdisciplinary cooperation within the fields of modeling and simulation (M&S), training, education, analysis, and related disciplines at this annual meeting. The NTSA is an affiliate subsidiary of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA). Hence, I/ITSEC also emphasizes themes related to defense and security.

Air Education and Training Command (AETC) maintains a presence at the annual conference as it showcases the work of its top innovators and industry partners.

Air Education and Training Command Member Presentations

Date/Time Title Presenter(s) Room ID Documents

Monday 27 Nov

1245-1415

Driving Proficiency Through Mobile, Immersive, Hands-on Extended Reality (XR) Training Joann Archer, Design Interactive; Claire Hughes, Design Interactive; Eric Martin, Design Interactive; Joe Ruisi, AETC Medical Modernization Division, AFMMAST Program Office  W308A 23T47 Summary

Tuesday 28 Nov

1600-1730

Department of the Air Force General Officer Panel Lt Gen Richard Moore, Jr., USAF, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Programs, HQ Air Force; Lt Gen Brian Robinson, USAF, Commander, AETC; Lt Gen Philip Garrant, USSF Deputy Chief of Space Operations, Strategy, Plans, Programs, and Requirements; Maj Gen Adrian Spain, USAF, Director of Training and Readiness, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations at HQ USAF  W304C, D, G, H 23S33  Summary

Wednesday 29 Nov

1530-1700 

The Talx - Government CTO/CLO Future Vision (Panel)  Jeremy Lanman, Ph.D. Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Army PEO STRI; Lieutenant Junior Grade Christopher M. Gregory, USNR Command Technology Director, U.S. Navy Reserve; Jim Pharmer, Ph.D. Chief Scientist, Head, Experimental and Applied Human Performance Research and Development Division, NAWCTSD; Wendy Walsh, ED.D. Chief Learning Officer, AETC; David Stargel, Ph.D. Technical Director, AFAMS  W304C, D, G, H 23S60 Summary

Air University Presentations

The Air University (AU) Immersive Learning and Simulation  (ILS) Research Task Force (RTF) class integrates efforts from multiple AU agencies, three master’s degree programs, and multiple educational and non-profit partners as well as several subject matter experts within academia and industry. Additionally, the AU ILS RTF elective is sponsored by the Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) with senior leadership guidance and mentoring as well as financial support for students to travel to the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) as the capstone for the RTF elective. Students collaborate in virtual environments, conduct student research, present oral presentations, and work collaboratively with other students in virtual environments. In 2021 and 2022, nine student papers have been published to the world’s largest simulation conference, I/ITSEC. This year (2023), six student papers have been nominated for publication into the I/ITSEC Conference. The AU ILS RTF elective is the only elective at Air University that is offered to both resident AWC and ACSC students as well as ACSC Online Master Degree Program (OLMP) students from the Global College for Professional Military Education (GCPME).

Date/Time Title Presenter(s) Room ID Documents

Tuesday 28 Nov

Using Biometrics to Evaluate the Efficacy of Virtual Reality Learning Environments Through the Detection of Awe

Christopher Yockey, 775 Test Squadron

W307B 23109 Summary & Bio

Tuesday 28 Nov

A Review of Research Discussing Analysis of EEG Data During Training and Skill Transfer for Skills Learned in Virtual Reality  Maj Shawn Adams, USAFR; Andrew Clayton, Ph.D., Air University  W307B  23285  Summary & Bios

Tuesday 28 Nov

How Immersive Technology Augments Operations Centers  Maj William Liggett, III, USCYBERCOM; Andrew Clayton, Ph.D., Air University  W308B  23134  Summary & Bios

Wednesday 29 Nov

Evaluate the Benefits of Employing Immersive Learning Techniques: Improve the Effectiveness of Sexual Assault and Prevention (SAPR) Training Kellie Hill, Air Force Sustainment Command (AFSC) W307B 23120 Summary & Bio

Wednesday 29 Nov

The Coast Guard Investigating Officer Course: An Analysis and Redesign Using Immersive Technologies LCDR John Botti, III, U.S. Coast Guard W307D 23119 Summary & Bio

Wednesday 29 Nov

Immersive Aviation Training Design Driven by the Science of Learning CDR Adam Jackson, Andrew Clayton, Ph.D., Air University W307D 23401 Summary & Bios

AETC Partnered Vendors in Attendance

Company Name Location

ASI (Aero Simulation, Inc.)

Booth 840

Booz Allen Hamilton

Booth 1822

Boeing

Booth 1049/MR-487
CACI Booth MR-1288
CAE Booth 1734
Discovery Machine Booth 1815
HTX Labs, LLC Booth 2832
Lockheed Martin Booth 1748
Mass Virtual Booth 2800/MR-1488
Moodle Booth 334
Red 6 Booth 771
SAIC Booth 749
Vertex Solutions, LLC Booth 2326

I/ITSEC 2023 Home Page (Web Link)                     

I/ITSEC 2023 Digital Program (Web Link)                    

I/ITSEC 2023 Full Program (PDF Download)

I/ITSEC '23 Mobile App

Related
Recommended