Welcome to the Washington National Guard Conditional Scholarship Program (WNGCSP) Wiki and thank you for your interest in this fantastic program. Also, congratulations on furthering your educational endeavors. The state of Washington is providing you with funding to help pay some of your educational costs (see TAG annual scholarship guidance) and in return you will be asked to complete a service obligation with the Washington National Guard (see TAG annual scholarship guidance).
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you move forward with your application process.
1. The scholarship program is considered a loan to help fund your education and the loan is forgiven if you meet the terms of the loan.
2. Each year TAG publishes annual guidance that provides eligibility requirements and it dictates the service obligation for that year's scholarship cycle. It is critical that you read TAG's annual guidance and understand it.
3. You will be required to fill out several forms to include the pre-application form, the application form, the statement of understanding, and the loan promissory note. Additionally, you may also be required to fill out certain state and federal electronic transfer of funds forms and tax forms. You will have sixty days from the time you upload your pre-application form to get the rest of your application complete.
4. Use your education office to help you work through the application process and remain in contact with the education office to ensure paperwork is moving through the process.
5. The scholarship program is based on a first-come first-serve concept meaning you need to submit your intent to receive funds through the first-come first-serve link and upload your pre-application form. Your name will populate on the list in the order it was received. If funds remain at the time you upload your form, you meet all eligibility requirements, and you complete the rest of your paperwork on time then you will be awarded scholarship funds.
Again, thank you for your interest in the Washington National Guard Conditional Scholarship Program and if you are ready to apply you can start by doing the following:
1. Download the pre-application form at this link and fill it out. Pre-application form
2. Upload the form and fill out the fields at this site: First Come First Serve List
You will have 60 days from the time you put your name on the first-come first-serve list to complete the application, promissory note, statement of understanding, and vendor form and turn it in to your education office. DO NOT UPLOAD ANY DOCUMENTATION TO APAN OTHER THAN YOUR PRE-APPLICATION FORM. All other documentation will be handed in to your education office.
Helpful links to other forms:
Application FormThe Adjutant General's Washington National Guard Conditional Scholarship Program Annual GuidanceW-9Washington EFTStatement of UnderstandingPromissory NoteThe Adjutant General Instruction
For more information contact your Education Services Offices:
Air National Guard ESOs
- 141st Base Education & Training Manager, Fairchild AFB, Spokane, WA. Comm: (509) 247-7072
- 194th Base Education & Training Manager, Camp Murray, WA 98430. Comm: (253) 512-3325
- 225th Air Defense Group Education & Training Manager, JBLM, Tacoma, WA. Comm: (253) 982-4877
Army National Guard ESO
- Education Services Office, JFHQ-WA, ATTN G1, Camp Murray, Tacoma, WA 98430. Comm: (253) 512-8435.