MD Instance Table implementation

I am trying to build an Instance Table in MD, unfortunately I can not get past the starting block.

I have a hierarchy structure of packages that contain elements (Class) which are related.

I would like to build my table such that I can display the relationships. I want to build my diagram to display my top level class and then drill down into the sub-level class. To further complicate this I would like to display specific attributes of the sub-class level.

Just wondering if someone may have some insight into building an Instance Table or if you may have an example that I may use.

• From your description, a Generic Table may be your best option.
  • Stuart's feedback appears on-point. In the NAVAIR MBSE CoP "Documents" area there is a model "{DAFT} UML Testing Profile v2.1 May 2020". This model contains several instances of a MD "Instance Table". Take note that an "Instance Table" supports a view of instances of a Block (AKA in UML: Object (an instance of a Class)). Your post creates ambiguity in my mind in this regard. I also am challenged appreciating your model's package structure. How are these model elements in different packages "related"? Which "relationship" are you trying to view? I'm guessing that your model uses a hierarchy of packages that reflects the part breakdown of the system you are modeling. If true, then I would suggest you read Rick Steiner's blog post "Stumbling Block #4: Why not use Packages for my product breakdown structure? <blog.ricksteiner.net/. Please recall that Rick is one of the trio of authors who wrote "A Practical Guide to SysML". His guidance is well informed.

Related