• Hizballah is recognized as both a political group and a terrorist insurgent group, based in Lebanon, that has been active for over 30 years.
• It now operates globally, with its focus still on Israel and the Syrian opposition.
• Hizballah aligns itself with Iran and Syria, and against Israel.
• Its recent, direct involvement in Syria has tarnished Hizballah’s reputation among its followers in Lebanon.
• Parts of Beirut and the southern areas of Lebanon serve as Hizballah’s base, where it has remained active/armed with cooperation from the local population.
• Hizballah actively participates within the Lebanese government.
• Hizballah has evolved through successful practices in financing, recruiting, logistics, and training.
• The Hizballah brand is pervasive and effective, for recruiting or simply garnering support from the population, especially to rally Lebanese against Israel.