Research trip to Nigeria

I am planning a research trip to Nigeria for early November, funded by the Joint Special Operations University, during which I'm hoping to interview leaders and members of non-governmental entities (community/tribal/religious organizations) about how they perceive their role or impact in countering radicalization and criminal network activity in their areas of influence.The exact location of these interviews is TBD - I could fly to Lagos, and make a trip from there into Rivers/Niger Delta, or fly into Abuja and make some trips to points north. I've reached out to some contacts at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja, but it appears that most have already moved on to other positions.

At this point in the process, I am looking for advice on identifying people in Nigeria who can assist me with the research project. Any thoughts or advice I can receive on the general direction or specifics of this research project would be certainly appreciated.

Best wishes

James Forest

• Dear Dr. Forest,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Our Intelligence & Knowledge Development Directorate (IKD/J2) has undertaken similar research endeavors, and I believe a consultation with them as well as our regional engagements desk officer for Nigeria may be most useful. As a number of us here at AFRICOM are still getting accustomed to the APCN tool, I will provide a follow up response shortly via email.

Thanks again,

Robert

Related