Featuring content promotes community participation by attracting traffic to content. Community managers can target content features to specific groups as audiences. The service provides out of the box support for blog posts, forum threads, wiki pages, media files, ideas, and calendar events. In release 9.0, content featuring is removed from the content creation or editing windows and relocated to the front-end user interface for community managers.
In this release, featured content provides feature start and end dates but has a default expiration date of 30 days; that is, it can't be featured indefinitely. When featuring content, the form allows you to select which group to feature the content to. Frequently, this would be carried out on the current group or for the entire community, but can be scoped to any group the owner has access to.
Content that is featured is displayed on the Featured Content Slider for the group where it is configured or the site. For example if content is being featured for a certain group, the content will only be displayed on that group's Featured Content Slider widget.
Only those with the permission. If you would like to feature content, please contact the APAN Help Desk for further assistance.
Marking a post as featured content is a way to draw users' attention to it in a site, group, or both on the Featured Content Slider widget. Note that search needs to be operational for the Featured Content Slider widget to work.
A user with the Feature Content permission can feature a piece of content using the "More" drop-down list on the content page.
1. Navigate to the content you wish to feature.
2. Click More.
3. Select Feature. The Feature dialog box appears.
4. Select the start date in the Start featuring field (using the calendar selection tool).
5. Select the end date in the End featuring field (using the calendar selection tool).
6. Select the Feature group in the Feature in drop-down list:
a. The site group - Will appear on a Featured Content Slider widget placed on the site home page.
b. The current group - Will appear on a Featured Content Slider widget placed on the current group's home page.
c. The site group and current group - Will appear on a Featured Content Slider widget placed on the site or group home page.
You can view, change the dates on, change the target for, upload a file, and save or delete features.
To view features within an application:
1. Navigate to the application (a blog, for example).
2. Click Management panel > Manage blog. The Manage blog panel appears.
3. Click Features. The Features panel appears.
4. Click the desired feature. The configuration screen is displayed.
To change the start and end dates for featuring content:
To change where a feature is displayed:
To upload a file:
To save the feature: