March 2020 - May 2020
Due to high call volume, APAN recommends using our Contact Form at https://community.apan.org/support/p/contact
Knowledge Base (APAN9.0)
Forum Options and Setting…
News & Updates
Table of Contents
1. Create APAN Account
2. Account Administration
3. Verint Groups
Verint Group Overview
100 Group Basics
200 Group Applications
Forum Settings & Permissions
Forum Options and Settings
Forum Comment Settings
Embed a Forum
Delete a Forum
Forum Advanced Settings
204 Media Gallery (MG)
205 SharePoint Functionality in Groups
209 Moderation and Abuse
300 Group Advanced
4. SharePoint Sites
5. Features and Services
Forum Options and Settings
Forum setup is now managed in the Manage forum panel on the forum home page.
Navigate to the desired forum.
. The Manage forum panel appears.
. The options appear. (The following screen capture doesn't show the entire panel.)
Fill in the following fields or select the desired option from the choices:
- Name of the forum. Choose a short but descriptive name. This is used as the title for the forum display in the group.
- The description is displayed below the forum name. You are not allowed to use HTML markup. A typical use of the forum description is to elaborate on the forum name. This setting is optional.
- Group where the forum is located. You can assign it to an existing group or to the site root. A different group is preferred.
Allowed thread types
- Specify which (or both) type to allow: the Discussion or Question and Answer format. If you select both as allowed thread types, you will need to choose which type threads default to (in the
Default new threads to
drop-down list), as shown in the capture.
Enable this forum
- Select this check box to enable the forum. Forums can be disabled by deselecting the check box The created (but disabled) forum will still be stored in Verint, but won't be visible or usable.
Include posts in site map
- Content in this forum should be indexed in the site map. By default, this is enabled.
- Anonymous posts in this forum require moderator approval if this check box is selected. Unmoderated users will not have their posts moderated. By default, this is disabled.
Enable post statistics
- Whether the forum participates in site level statistics as well as answered and unanswered forum status. By default, this is enabled.
Enable post points
- Tracks and assigns points to posts made in this forum. By default, this is enabled.
Suggested answer vote threshold
- The number of "This answers my question" votes a reply needs to receive to promote it to a suggested answer.
Verified answer vote threshold
- The number of "This answer my question" votes a reply needs to receive to promote it to a verified answer.
All Partners Access Network